Featured Advertisers
  Register Search FAQ Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic BRACING UNITS
7 Posts - Lucky for some

Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 7
Reply with quote
When designing a house under NZS 3604 a certain number of bracing units are required to brace the building against earthquake and wind loading etc. But in the standard it doesn't say how many units different types of bracing equal. EG. Timber diagonal brace, plywood, gib braceline, strap bracing etc. Does anyone know where you can find out the units for individual bracing types? Very boring question I know but bugs me a fair bit lol Shocked

View user's profileFind all posts by jimlizSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger
Expert - DIY & Home Conversions
Expert - DIY & Home Conversions

Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Auckland
Reply with quote
Hi Jimmie
3604 used to have the ratings per metre - haven't looked in the last but one version. As an alternative you could check out BRANZ or the Winstone Wallboard site - with standard gib board and braceline products, I recall they stated the bracing units per metre for the different systems - including diagonal bracing as a secondary element etc. Good fun exercise to get your head around if you are that way inclined. Either way, very doable with a bit of persistence. Good luck!
View user's profileFind all posts by MarkbrokSend private message
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT + 13 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

 Reply to topic  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Design by phpBBStyles.com | Styles Database.
Content © BuildYourDream.co.nz - House Building, Renovations & DIY
Featured Advertisers